hey guys! i have another recipe post, today!
i don’t know if i will be posting recipes all the time, or just when i really like something. i am by no means a culinary genius and i’m still learning when it comes to cooking and baking!
as you know, i am obsessed with pinterest. i am always eager to find easy, new recipes that i can incorporate into both free days and the rest of the week, when i’m eating clean. well, barbara has a board on pinterest dedicated to food i should make. i’ve tried making a few of them and most have turned out great! once thing she found, were these jalapenos poppers, which are weight watchers friendly.
i took it upon myself to tweak the recipe a bit with what i had on hand!
stuffed jalapenos (inspired by this recipe)
- 4 T of low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 wedges of Laughing Cow Light – Blue Cheese (any will work)
- 2 T of non-fat greek yogurt
- 4 jalapenos
- 6 T of whole wheat panko breading
(the original recipe calls for dipping the jalapenos with an egg wash and then dipping into the bread crumbs. i did that the first time with egg whites and it turned out great. the second time i just sprinkled the bread crumbs on top and it worked just as good! )
- preheat oven to 350 degrees F and coat a large baking sheet (i used a baking stone, so this wasn’t necessary)
- in a bowl, combine cheddar cheese, LCL, and greek yogurt, set aside
- cut peppers in half and remove seeds,
then rub your eyes(i did this on accident, actually i ALWAYS do this when working with peppers, like my eyes are only itchy when i have fire fingers, or something)
- fill peppers with cheese mixture
- at this point, if you are using the egg wash, dip your poppers in the wash and then coat with bread crumbs and place on baking sheet
- if you are not using the egg wash, place the poppers on your baking sheet and sprinkle bread crumbs on top
- bake for about 30 minutes (the cheese should be bubbling and the outside should be brown)
- serve immediately! ENJOY!
i promise i will be posting
an update the start of my weight loss journey, round 3489374. i fell of the wagon completely last week, and now i’m back at square one. 😦 nothing i can do about it now, except get back on track and work twice as hard. almost two months have passed and i’m nowhere near my goals i set for the new year. plus, i have a 10K i am running in on march 31st and i probably can’t run 3 minutes right now. gah!
hope everyone had a great weekend!
Q: have you ever tried to commit to something and you just kept sabotaging yourself? i, for some reason, always sabotage myself during weight loss right after 35-40 lbs lost. i don’t know why, but i really want to look into it. i KNOW i want this, so why can’t i force myself to do it?